Not For Profit Professionals
HAVE YOU HEARD THIS BEFORE?
"Our donors are (too young) (not interested) (of too modest means) to suggest legacy giving. Why should we bother with planned giving?!" There are many reasons and ways that people give to support the vital work of non-profit organizations. People give because they are asked. Give them all the choices possible for supporting your work. Never assume anyone doesn't have the means or assets to make a legacy gift. And never turn down an offer of free brochures, videos, sample articles and other resources with which you can promote gift planning!
How to Benefit from a Planned Giving Program
1. Invite a speaker to address your Board members or staff about Estate Planning
2. Get Board endorsement of the project and your organization's participation.
3. If you have a newsletter, run a series of articles about planned giving in general. Share testimonials from your donors about their giving.
4. Use the Legacy Giving content provided as a member with your own logo or name.
5. In every campaign or survey you conduct, add a line where individuals can express interest in gift planning information.
6. Carefully think through your prompt response to any Legacy Giving inquiries, and develop a letter with a simple packet of information. Set aside time to follow up.
7. Involve your volunteer leadership to visit your organization with any interested donors.
8. Join Western New York Planned Giving Consortium and help raise community awareness!
Become a Member: MEMBERSHIP FORM to DOWNLOAD
Become a sponsor: Sponsorship Benefits